Here’s the latest delicious recipe from the Makuwa Kuwa Restaurant, compiled by the one and only Chef Munya, Executive Chef at the Victoria Falls Safari Lodge.
If you have visited the Victoria Falls Safari Lodge before, you will know how amazing Munya’s tasty food is, and we love giving you the opportunity to make these recipes for yourself. We would love to hear your feedback on how it goes.
Ingredients: Potato and nutmeg puree, vegetables, black cherries and orange sauce.
- Quail (250g)
- 100g potatoes
- 5g nutmeg
- 50g mixed stir-fry vegetables
- 3 black cherries
- 40ml ready made gravy
- 30ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- 5ml corn starch
- 10ml cooking oil
- 10ml soy sauce
- 30ml tomato ketchup
- 1 clove garlic
1. Boil the quail in a flavored stock consisting of bay leaves, black peppercorns, leek, celery and salt
2. Remove from the boil and allow to cool
3. Marinate with soy sauce, olive oil, tomato ketchup, garlic, fresh ginger and white wine
4. Roast for 10 to 15 minutes at 150 degrees Celsius
5. Boil the potatoes and mash, adding in a dash of nutmeg
6. Stir fry the vegetables together
7. Squeeze the orange juice, boil it and thicken it using corn starch
8. Make the gravy by deglazing from the roasting tray
9. Serve 3 birds per person along with the mash potato, vegetable stir-fry, orange sauce, cherries and gravy